Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sew Sari










 I love, love, love, recycled sari silk. If I had a talk show and I was giving away my favorite things. I would be throwing rolls of sari silk into the audience and shouting, I loovvee sarrrri Sillk!!!! The crowd would be jumping up and down, hugging their neighbors, and with tears streaming down their faces they would be  dreaming of all the creative things they would make with this magical product.  Ok I've gotten a bit carried away, but it really is dreamy stuff. The first time I saw sari silk was a year ago at the Long Beach Quilt Show.  I loved the rolled up rainbows of color. Every time I pasted the booth displaying it, I spotted another color combo I just couldn't live without. I ended up with about 20 rolls before the weekend was over. It took me about a year to get to the bottom of my basket of sari silk. It was a very sad day indeed. But happy days are here again, because I found Nicole at Darn Good Yarn. Nicole is a doll, and  helped me mix and match colors to put together the perfect combination. She didn't even mind my phone calls as I impatiently waited for my package to arrive clear from Maine. It was well worth the wait.  The first thing I made were these flower pins, that will be available at my Open Studio Tour this month. More info on that to come in a few days. So I'm happy that my sari silk basket is once more full, and that I have a great source when I run out again. Check out Darn Good Yarn and read their story about how they help women in Naple support their families with this business.   









No comments:

Post a Comment