Saturday, August 28, 2010

Frick And Frack



Yesterday, I had two birthday elves, aka Frick and Frack, at my front door with belated birthday gifts. What a true joy friends are! They say friends are the family that you choose. Please, no offense to my family, they are kind, loving, and funny, mostly funny. I haven't lived in the same town as my family for almost thirty years, so friends have always had to fill in that void. I have friends that I have laughed with, and cried with. Laughing is a lot more fun. I love it when I find out a friend has a crazier family than I do. You know who you are! What a wonderful invention, friendship. After the fabulous and creative gifts were opened, and Frick and Frack had long since gone home, I was still laughing about their visit, and thinking that laughter really is the best gift. Who am I kidding? I love presents! Thanks also to my friends that were brave enough to sing "Happy Birthday" on my answering machine. So here 's to old friends, and new friends. You can never have too many.

No comments:

Post a Comment