Tuesday, August 17, 2010

50, Say What ?










I'm writing this on the eve of my 50th birthday. The first thing that comes to mind is the saying " How time flies when you're having fun." Well, I must have been having a blast for the last 49 years, because I seriously don't know where the time has gone. They say that you remember moments not days. Here are some of my favorite moments:
  • Christmas Eve at the Chavez's
  • My Halloween costume made from my Mom's 1950's prom dress
  • Family vacations with Sandra, Jack, Mike, and Jeff
  • The Christmas my Mom made the handsewn Barbie clothes
  • Shoe shopping with my Dad, not so much my Mom
  • Playing jacks on the kitchen floor with my Dad
  • Taking craft classes with my Mom at the Park and Rec
  • Watching "Creature Feature" at Little Grandma's on Saturday afternoons
  • Taco night at Del Taco, ten tacos for a dollar
  • Riding my horse on the beach
  • Pastor James and church choir
  • Living next door to Steve and Suzy
  • Laughing with my adult brother and sister, laughing as kids also
  • Eating clam chowder with my family in Morro Bay
  • Creating in my studio
  • Getting Daisy, our first family dog
  • Every moment with Mitch
  • Almost every moment with my kids
  • Using the ability God gave me to bless others
I look forward to the coming year with great anticipation. I can't wait to see what's in store. I'm sure there will be time spent with family and friends, and a lot of new art. Here's to another 365 day trip around the sun.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday. Ms. Cindy!! What a sweet post :) Hope you have a glorious day full of lots of wishes and kisses!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Cindy...Hope you got my message...I so hope you had a wonderful memorable birthday....Miss you and the your smiling face...Hugs Vickie PS>Love the new Blog!

    ReplyDelete