Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I'm Featured in Cloth Paper Scissors 2012 Calendar







I was so pleased to find out last February that I had been chosen to be in the CPS 2012 calendar. I must have checked my computer 50 times on the day the 13 winning names were to be  released. The names were finally posted at 5 pm that night. By that time I had pulled all my hair out. I was so excited to see my name on the list. My family, dog included did a happy dance all around the house. Next came the wait to see the finished calendar and my placement in it. I thought that since the art was white and monochromatic, it would probably be a winter month. The day finally came and a 12x12 inch cardboard box was dropped on my front door. I knew what was in it, and couldn't wait to get it open. So there I was, December and so happy. My husband likes to say he married a calendar girl. Yes, he was pretty proud. I recently contacted Barb at CPS, and asked if the calendar theme for 2013 had been released. I was sad to find out that they aren't producing a calendar next year. But I have still been busy creating a few art pieces to submit this year. I would like to encourage others to submit artwork to be published this year. It takes some time, but is well worth it. Check the back of your favorite magazines for their guidelines and get to work. If you are looking for my journal giveaway, scroll down one post. Happy New Year and Happy Creating.

11 comments:

  1. congratulations! Your artwork is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations and what an honor. Your art is lovely. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! And isn't it a perfect piece for Decemember!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, well deserved, that is just beautiful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Cloth, Paper, Scissors magazine...it is lovely your work was chosen for their calendar.
    Congratulations!
    hugs,
    Teresa in CA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Cloth, Paper, Scissors...and congratulations to them for choosing your art to show! It is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Cindy
    Thank you for letting me know about your workshops. I would love to be a part of a workshop some day. But I hardly ever make it over to the coast. If I do go to the coast it is usually to go to a wedding for part of a day. I did get to go to the Rose Bowl Flea Market today and it was mind boggling the amount of vendors and people who go to it. I found lots of sweet vintage goodies. You almost have to go down every single isle or you may miss something hiding. I didn't stay very long in the clothes area, but maybe I should have, but my feet were getting tired and we had been there four hours (8 A.M. it is $10 to get in and free public parking) They have a very early bird fee of $20, but we felt getting there at 8 A.M. was good enough and we beat the 9 A.M. crowd when the fee is $8.00 until 4:30 P.M. It is all on the outer sides of the Rose Bowl (not inside). There is also preferred parking for $15. Have you ever been there? There is another similar one in Ventura put on by the same flea market promoters. Anyway, it was enjoyable.
    Have a lovely week~
    hugs,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome Cindy!! Its no wonder your art was chosen, Its FABULOUS!!!!
    Hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh WOW, this is totally and completely EXCITING!!!! Congratulations on such a fantastic accomplishment and gorgeous art!!! XO Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! calendar girl, that is wonderfully exciting news for sure! Congratulations 20x 20!!! But then, your work is fantabulous! :^) patsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. visiting from studio JRU. WOW! A calendar! My daughter and I went to a sidewalk chalk competition last Mothers day weekend and we were chosen for December! I had forgotten all about it. Its not a big deal but exciting none-the-less.

    ReplyDelete